Login

World Cycling Centre at Magheramorne

< Back to General Discussion  Start a New Topic

chris scott
Administrator
This user joined in Oct 2008 and has made 319 posts.
Posted on 23 February 2010 at 09:50
Hi Folks

As you may be aware CAAN / Lafarge Cement has recently employed a consultant team to conduct a feasibility study / economic assessment on the potential usage of the Magheramorne Quarry site. For a number of years Lafarge has explored the possibility of ‘rehabilitating’ the site so that it can be used for the benefit of the local community and much of this work has focused on the development of a site master plan of which a World Cycling Centre is central. The proposed World Cycling Centre will provide International standard Downhill Mountain-Biking as well as a number of cycling and non-cycling (complementary) related activities / facilities with the overall focus being outdoor / adrenaline facilities and activities.

This facility will also incorporate a range of integral social enterprise elements that will support its financial sustainability in the longer term as well fit with the ethos and focus of the site. As such we are looking to get some feedback from anyone who may potentially deliver services on and from the site. Therefore, the purpose of this email is to firstly make you aware that this work is currently being conducted and secondly to inform you that if you would be interested in discussing any potential provision from the site (i.e. express your interest in potentially providing these services) that you should contact Robert Crowe from Copius Consulting on 028 9075 3011 or robert@copiusconsulting.co.uk

I have attached some images of the Quarry (available to download from red link at the bottom of this email) that will give you a feel for the site as well as let you get an idea of what may be located there and potentially how you may add value to that.

Please feel free to give me a call or drop me an email to discuss.

Many thanks

Robert Crowe

Copius Consulting LLP

68 – 72 Newtownards Road

Belfast

BT4 1GW

Tel: 028 9075 3011

Mob: 07740 718554

Email: robert@copiusconsulting.co.uk

Word Document
1.7 MB

This topic has been viewed 520 times and has had 0 replies: